Prosurge SP series DIN-rail SPD is type 1CA SPD according to UL 1449 4th designed for low-voltage power supply system surge protection, especially for point of entry (Category C, D, ANSI/IEEE C62.41) and sub-circuit (Category B, ANSI/IEEE C62.41) protection.
SP series features Prosurge’s global patented fail-safe and self-protected technology, offering quick thermal response and perfect cut-off function and providing fast and reliable protection for various power supply systems.
Built with window fault indication and optional remote alarm contact, it can monitor the operating status of the SPD itself.
Prosurge SPV series is a Type 1CA SPD according to UL 1449 4th Ed, designed for Photovoltaic system DC side protection against the damage from surges caused by lightning and other electrical sources.
- Meet worldwide standards: UL 1449 4th, IEC 61643-11: 2011 & EN 50539-11: 2013
- UL recognized type 1CA SPD for photovoltaic system
- Large surge capacity up to 50kA 8/20μs
- Short circuit current rating (SCCR) up to 100kA – tested without external CB or fuse
- Pluggable design with window fault indication
- Remote alarm signal optional
- Global patented thermal disconnector design with arc extinguishing device, fail-safe & and self-protected, quick thermal response and perfect circuit cut-off function
UL 1449 4th Type 1CA SPD Modules for DC/PV
Prosurge’s SPM series are surge protection modules which are heavy MOV based devices and are constructed with Prosurge thermal protection and arc extinguishing technology. They can be easily integrated in or mounted on PCB and are the best choice for global customers to develop PV SPD at minimum cost.
- UL recognized type 1CA SPD for PV/Photovoltaic system
- Meet IEC 61643-11: 2011 & EN50539-11: 2013
- Quick thermal response and perfect circuit cut-off function due to special thermal disconnector design with arc extinguishing device
- Provide two ways to install on PCB: permanent soldering or pluggable
- Floating remote signalling contact for fault indication while additional uses of PVD_Base
- Max. Permitted DC Voltage (Vpvdc): 85-825Vdc
- Surge capacity (8/20 μs)：50kA
- SCCR：100kA – tested without external CB or fuse
PCB Installation Illustration