- UL recognized type 1CA SPD (ANSI/UL 1449 4th), type 2CA SPD (CSA-C22.2)
- Surge capacity 50kA 8/20 μs
- MCOV: 150-690Vac
- SCCR: 200kA – tested without external CB or fuse
- Low voltage protection level
- DIN-rail mounting configuration
- Degradation failure indication and optional remote signal contact
- Pluggable module for easy replacement
- Global patented thermal disconnector design with arc extinguishing device, fail-safe & self-protected, quick thermal response and perfect circuit cutoff function
Why Type 1 CA instead of Type 4 CA?
There are some UL recognized SPDs (Surge Protective Devices) on the market. But be aware that many of them are Type 4 CA (Component Assembly) while Prosurge’s SPD are Type 1 CA. For non-prosessionals, they are all UL recgonized with the same UL mark. But there are huge difference between Type 4 CA and Type 1 CA SPDs.
Type 4 Component Assembly SPD (Component Recognized) –– These component
assemblies are incomplete SPD assemblies, which typically are installed in
listed end-use products as long as all conditions of acceptability are met. These Type 4
component assemblies are incomplete as an SPD, require further evaluation and are not
permitted to be installed in the field as a stand-alone SPD. Often, these devices require
additional overcurrent protection.
Type 1, 2, 3 Component Assembly SPDs (Component Recognized) – These are Recognized Component SPDs evaluated for use in Type 1, 2 or 3 SPD applications. Such component SPDs must pass all the same electrical safety failure tests as listed Type 1, 2 or 3 SPDs. These Type 1, 2 or 3 Recognized Component SPDs should not be confused with ANSI/UL 1449-2006 Type 4 Component Assemblies and Type 5 discrete SPD components that require additional components (possibly safety disconnectors), design and testing in order to be used as a complete surge protective device.
Type 4 CA SPD doesn’t not submitted to safety tests like Intermediate Current Test and Short Circuit Current Rating (SCCR) Test and thus they need to work with extra safety protection device.
Prosurge Type 1 CA SPD pass 200kA SCCR (Short Circuit Current Rating) test which is the upper limit in UL lab and thus represents the highest standard in SPD safety.